Friday, September 11, 2009

Headlines and Flash, Flash, Flash Photography

To escape the terrible toilet situation, Monica and I went on a trip to the historic city of St. Augustine on the East Coast of Florida with the ever so exuberant Zach and the splendid Rachel Roddy. Where we'd have a trip full of historical tourist attractions, gelato, art galleries, candy, project runway, pools, beaches, and jolly laughter. hohoho!



On Labor Day, Monica folks and us kids went out on the boat on the St. Johns River up to Blue Springs. We swam with a few manatees who usually are only there in the colder months of winter. A couple guys got arrested while we there for harassing the creatures. The endangered Manatee! Monica's father often mentions they are the stupidest animals, while Monica's mother talks about how they are not meant for this world anymore. I did not take this picture, though I could've.


The other day, Monica and I did chalk art in the backyard to get some fresh air. She made a magical Unicorn, or a Monicorn. hehe.



I just went on a run this morning, 3/4 in the rain and 1/4 in the sun, the rain is so much better. But I ended in the sun, and seriously I think I came the closest to passing out I ever have before. I had to close my eyes, take a knee, after I started walking, breathing deep, and fighting off the lightheaded feeling. I've ran hard and long before but this Florida sun is a killer. Oh. Ya i setup the drums in the living room, for the neighbors sake. : )

6 comments:

TaraB said...

I'm glad you're blogging again Yeoster. Come visit soon-ish. Please.

Ben Schnell said...

Yeah dude, way to keep the run on. The trip looks like it was fun. I have never really looked at a picture of a manatee, but they look awesome.

Anthony said...

Blasted Florida sun! Don't let the Sun defeat you Ryan. You are the master of the sun and god of the run.

Miss Jehle said...

Your wife is really cute.

Kevin and Danelle McGill said...

Ryan Yeo! How are you! I'm so glad you have a blog. It sounds like you are doing great with your wife! Doesn't that sound cool? Your wife? I love your stories.

Unknown said...

I really like all the pictures and the people. I like you. I like your wife, too. ;)