Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Way down on 3 South.

I'm at work right now at Memorial Hospital floor 300 south! It's 12:46 a.m.. And I sitting in the nursing station with all my homies or co-workers, Nurses and CNAs alike. Right now is the down time, we get to sit and wait for a uncomfortable patient to call and then treat them accordingly. I have some good patients. One was hurting real bad, I gave some pain medicine and then started to talk about dancing to distract her, we both got really excited. She was talking to me about the dances she does and used to do, I talked about mine, we discussed the "chicken", "swing", "electric slide", ballroom "waltz" "two step" I started dancing around the room, she had to stay in bed. bummer.:) Also one of the CNA's working right now is super funny, she always tells me I have "soap opera" hair. I don't know what that means. but I don't do anything to it actually. We have matching color scrubs, she said, "Ryan's my friend, he's the only one who can dress like me." she just told someone they "smelled like a freshly cooked biscuit." I hold my gut and laugh. Tonight is good, but I have 2 tests on Friday and I should be studying. I also had a confused patient that kept ripping off her gown and throwing it on the floor confusedly and angrily. But alas, I am happy and wanted to tell you about some of the good and bad briefly, back to caring for patients and charting!

3 comments:

TaraB said...

3 South sounds like a fun place to be at 1am....and I too have thought that you have "soap opera" head. :)

Trina Yeo said...

funny, fun, fun! i am proud of you working nurse man...

j-grew said...

dude! you inspire me. keep in touch foo!